17th May 2012 is the day Suffolk will have a new farm shop.
Finally, all the ingredients for our shop and cafe are coming together and the end is in sight. We have sourced some wonderful producers, as well as proudly stocking our own lamb, pork, homegrown vegetables and fruit and especially home made cakes.
A few of our producers
- A delicious range of smoked meat, salami, oils and garlic from the Artisan Smokehouse, Suffolk’s award winning smokehouse on the Coast.
- Freshly baked bread from the lovely Mark Procter, Bury’s newest artisan Master baker at the Friendly Loaf. He uses some very local flours, keeping down the food miles.
- Everything is made by hand made with love and care at Smugglers Pudding Company, based in Hadleigh. We’re delighted be selling their cheesecakes, roulade and chocolate torte. These frozen deserts were a revelation to us, and I’m sure they will be to you too.
- We’re also pleased to be selling really pretty cup cakes from Charmaine at Charm Cup Cakes in Haverhill. Yes, they are charming to look at but are also really good to eat.
- Our home grown lamb is rapidly gaining a well deserved reputation for its stunning flavour. Guess what – we’ll have lots of it freshly butchered especially for our opening weekend. Don’t be disappointed, it is bound to run out!
If all that wasn’t enough to entice you to pay us a visit, if you like our facebook fan page, we’ll give you a free coffee in the cafe on your first visit in May.